The HUBZone program fuels small business growth in historically underutilized business zones with a goal of awarding at least 3% of federal contract dollars to HUBZone-certified companies each year. The Leesburg HUBZone is home to approximately 100 actively certified HUBZone business. The Leesburg HUBZone business community is collaborative and hosts networking and informational events throughout the year to discuss topics of interest to HUBZone firms and government contractors.
To qualify for the HUBZone program, your business must:
- Be a small business according to SBA size standards
- Be at least 51% owned and controlled by U.S. citizens, a Community Development Corporation, an agricultural cooperative, an Alaska Native corporation, a Native Hawaiian organization, or an Indian tribe
- Have its principal office located in a HUBZone*
- Have at least 35% of its employees living in a HUBZone*
* The HUBZone map is changing on July 1, 2023.