Register Your Business
- Most businesses, including home-based businesses, operating in the Town of Leesburg are required to have a Business License. Business Licenses are valid for one calendar year (Jan 1 – Dec 31) and must be renewed each year.
- When receiving a new license, the business will pay the license tax for that year, based on the estimated gross receipts the business expects to receive through the end of the year.
- When renewing the license for the first time, the business will reconcile the estimated gross receipts with the actual gross receipts for the previous year. This reconciliation may result in additional taxes due or excess taxes paid. If excess taxes were paid, the business can choose to receive a refund or apply the excess to the next year’s taxes.
- All subsequent renewals will be based on the prior year’s gross receipts.
- Please visit the Business License Application and Information page for downloadable applications and further instructions.
If you have further questions, contact a Business License Officer (703-771-2723) with the Finance Department.